This project is read-only.

VS12 Support

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I've upgraded this project to support VS12, including building a Wix based installer now that vdproj is not supported.  I'd love to submit this, but TFS just sucks for submitting diffs/patches/pull requests.

Can you A) make me a committer or B) move this to git?  B is preferred.

I'm really tempted to us git-tf to move this to a git repo and then push to another project on Codeplex.  I don't mind doing that and then making you an admin.

What do you think?

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Hello,

Thanks for picking up the upgrade activity - I have to admit I've not had any time to look at moving this to TFS 2012 yet.

Sorry about the delayed response  - it looks like I'm not getting the notifications I used to when comments are posted.

I'm happy to make you a contributor to the project - my preference would be to keep in here though rather than move it, if only to remove duplication and also avoid any links on other sites becoming out of date.

Cheers,

Nick

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM
No problem. I'll send a shelveset to you to look at. Things I've done:

Installer is now using Wix since Setup projects are depreciated
Updated references to 11.0 versions.

I'd like to know how one goes about building an add-in for both 10 and 11. Do you know how other than munging the project file pre-build?

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM, nickhoggard <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for picking up the upgrade activity - I have to admit I've not had any time to look at moving this to TFS 2012 yet.

Sorry about the delayed response - it looks like I'm not getting the notifications I used to when comments are posted.

I'm happy to make you a contributor to the project - my preference would be to keep in here though rather than move it, if only to remove duplication and also avoid any links on other sites becoming out of date.

Cheers,

Nick

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tfstimesheets@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tfstimesheets@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Thanks

> I'd like to know how one goes about building an add-in for both 10 and 11. Do you know how other than munging the project file pre-build?

No, unfortunitely I haven't figured this one out yet.  I did have a quick look at it for another VS extension I've been writing, but ended up giving up and just building it for VS2010 instead (as that was the extent of the requirement I was working to).

I'm happy to spend a bit of time over the weekend to do some research on this if it helps at all.

Nick

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I pushed shelveset "VS11 Support".  Take a look.  It doesn't include an installer for the reports project.

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Hi

My team has been using the TFS Timesheet control for some time now - and love it!  However, we've just moved to VS 2012, so I'm keen to get my hands on an upgraded version. 

I'm happy to help with any testing.

Dan

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Send me an email (ryan at echelontouch dot com) and I'll send an installer over.  Thanks Dan

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Here is the current build which installes to %programfiles%\TFS Timesheets.  It uses the registry for VS discovery rather than installing to a VS/common location.

There was also a change to the AutoScaling mode which caused problems with VS12 upsizing the fonts.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54297425/TimeSheetClientSetup.msi

This will be taken down by Fri 9/28/2012.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

FYI - I've uploaded a new shelveset that includes the AutoScaling mode noted about.  This shelveset is called VS12 Support.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I'm creating release TFS Timesheets 2.0 for this.  I won't make it visible until tomorrow afternoon.  By all means say no or suggest a different name.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Updated the 2.0 release (now 2.0.1.0)

Changes are in the release notes.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to use Your beta for VS2012 but after install this add-in I have no trace of it in VS. I have created tasks in Scrum and CMMI projects but I can't see any trace on thimesheet window anywhere?

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Have you done the necessary WIT customization?   http://tfstimesheets.codeplex.com/documentation

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Sorry I missed that... Stupidly I assumed that installer makes all the job J. I have two another questions:

-       As I can see TFS 2012 Web Access doesn’t work with this control – do you plan to fix that?

-       Is there any way to get reports from timesheet data?

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1) I personally don't plan on doing that no.

2) We have a custom SQL Reporting Services report, but I'm not going to be able to make that available based on client contract stuff. :/

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM, dominikjeske <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sorry I missed that... Stupidly I assumed that installer makes all the job J. I have two another questions:

- As I can see TFS 2012 Web Access doesn’t work with this control – do you plan to fix that?

- Is there any way to get reports from timesheet data?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tfstimesheets@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tfstimesheets@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I would like to share with my little addition to this project

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6F0B4819943F770A!278 

this link contains two useful views found in web which helps to generate report from TimeSheet data and addin to TFS which automatically generates rows in Timesheet when somebody decrease reaming work (for instance on web page board of Scrum 2.0). Installation and debugging for second one is here http://geekswithblogs.net/jakob/archive/2010/10/27/devleoping-and-debugging-server-side-event-handlers-in-tfs-2010.aspx